Solivin product information
Solivin is a skin treating cream for external use. It uses only natural ingredient to relieve the symptoms of psoriasis, eczema and other forms of dry, scaly or irritated skin. Solivin can also be used on the scalp and on psoriasis-affected nails. Solivin is suitable for children as young as three years old.
Solivin is composed of medicinal herbs, marigold, chamomile, vitamin A, lisozyme, honey, eucalyptus, lavender oil, salicylic acid, and fixed oils. The colour varies from light brown to dark brown and has a specific smell. Solivin cream does not contain any synthetic substances or hormonal components.
What it does
Solivin cream stimulates the softening of the skin and releases the scaly layer. The biologically active substances support the natural healing and rejuvenating process of the skin.
For people who show allergic hypersensitivity to one of the separate components, it is possible that Solivin cream will not be tolerated by the skin. It is therefore recommended to start using Solivin on one spot on the body. In case of an allergic reaction, it is necessary to wash the skin immediately and consult with your general practitioner. A possible solution is to use antihistamine the first couple of weeks to suppress any allergic reactions. Start with a small patch (1cm) on sensitive parts of the body (such as facial skin) to see how the skin responds. Solivin cannot be used on mucous membranes (such as eyelids and genitals).
Packaging and storage advice
Solivin is obtainable in tubes of 100ml. Keep out of reach of children. Keep at room temperature. Expiration date at least 3 years (date of production: see top of tube). Solivin is available in tubes van 100 ml. It should be kept out of the reach of children. The tube can be stored for at least three years (for the production date see the top of the tube).
For optimal efficiency, apply Solivin in a flat thin layer on the affected skin (do not rub in) 1 to 2 times a day, and let it remain on the skin for at least 12 hours. If large parts of your skin are affected, slowly increase the usage of Solivin. Start (after the allergy trial) on the legs and work upwards over the period of a week to the rest of your body.
Usually the first results will start showing after 1 or 2 weeks. At first, the flakes will disappear and the spots will become either darker or lighter. This effect fades after a period of time.
Solivin must be used without interruption until all spots have completely disappeared. Even if there is only one visible spot left, it remains essential to apply the cream on this spot as well all other previously affected spots. After the skin looks healthy and is in good order, it remains necessary to apply a thin layer of Solivin for another month on all previously affected spots. Depending on the severity of the skin condition, the total period of treatment takes between 2 to 4 months.
Recommendations & Tips
- It is wise to use an antihistamine (such as Claritin) during the first month to suppress any side effects.
- Stop smoking or reduce your amount of smoking as much as possible.
- Don’t eat a lot of fat, eggs, fried or spiced food.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Make sure you get adequate sleep.
- Do not use Solivin in combination with a hormonal ointment.
- Keep scalp and body washed daily, or at least 2 times a week. Use quality shampoo and soap (glycerine-, lanolin- or tar-based soap, or baby shampoo) that is suitable for your skin type.
- Sometimes the usage of Solivin can dry out the skin; to prevent this you can apply baby oil to soften the skin.
- The ointment has a dark colour, contains oils and stains clothing. These stains are difficult to wash out. Wearing dark clothing is one solution and it is a good idea to wear pyjamas to protect bedding from stains.
- For optimal results, the applied Solivin has to be able to “breathe”. Therefore, it is best to wear loose fitting clothes.
- On spots where Solivin is applied, sunburns can easily occur. We strongly discourage exposing the skin to the sun for a long period of time whilst Solivin is applied. If you plan to be exposed to the sun for a long period of time or go on a sun vacation, use Solivin only in the evenings and make sure the skin is washed before you go out in the sun.